CARTIER GUARANTEE FOR AUSTRALIA
Mandatory Statutory Rights : Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
The Mandatory Statutory Rights apply only to watches purchased in Australia and presented for guarantee services in Australia.
If you seek to rely on your Mandatory Statutory Rights under the Australian Consumer Law in relation to a defect in goods supplied, you may be entitled to recover any reasonably foreseeable loss or damage that results from the defect. This may include the costs associated with transporting the watches to Richemont Australia Pty Ltd, a Cartier Boutique, a Cartier Authorized Retailer or a Cartier Authorized After-Sales Service Center.
Cartier Guarantee in Australia:
This Cartier Guarantee, which applies only to watches purchased and presented for guarantee services in Australia, gives you further benefits, which are in addition to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law. Subject to your Mandatory Statutory Rights under the Australian Consumer Law and the following conditions, your Cartier watch is guaranteed for a period of twenty-four (24) months from the date of purchase stated on your original invoice and/ or guarantee booklet against any manufacturing defect (the “Guarantee Period”). If your watch is returned during the Guarantee Period, Cartier will, at its sole discretion, repair or replace, free of any charge, any component found to be defective by our technical services as a result of a manufacturing defect, subject to the exclusions mentioned hereunder. Upon expiration of the Guarantee Period, any services or repairs will be subject to a service charge.
Your Cartier Guarantee does not cover, notably :
- Defects and damages resulting from misuse or negligence, or from accident,
- Defects and damages caused by improper use (knocks, dents, crushing to the case, crystal, bracelet or strap, etc.), alterations, tampering, dismantling or unauthorized modifications or repairs, as well as services, works and repairs performed by anyone other than a Cartier Boutique, a Cartier Authorized Retailer or a Cartier Authorized After-Sales Service Center, or caused by the use of components and/or accessories other than those recommended by Cartier;
- Watches where the serial number originally imprinted on the watch case is removed or not clearly legible, or where any part of the original watch back or any original number has been removed, changed, altered, replaced, erased or defaced;
- Routine maintenance and cleaning, as well as the consequences of the normal wear and tear and ageing of the watch.
- Any defects resulting from the contact with water, if your water-resistant watch did not undergo the water-resistance tests required by Cartier each time the case was opened for any reason (including, for instance, replacement of a battery), or if your watch is not water-resistant.
Should your Cartier watch prove defective, you may obtain the benefit of this Cartier Guarantee by bringing or sending your watch to any Cartier Boutique, Cartier Authorized Retailer or Cartier Authorized After-Sales Service Center. For more information and a complete list of Cartier Boutiques, Cartier Authorized Retailers or Cartier Authorized After-Sales Service Centers, please consult the Cartier website www.cartier.com or ask the Cartier Boutique or Cartier Authorized Retailer indicated on the Guarantee Certificate in the guarantee booklet that accompanies your Cartier watch. Only Cartier Boutiques, as well as Cartier Authorized Retailers and Cartier Authorized After-Sales Service Centers, are authorized to provide the Cartier Guarantee service in accordance with Cartier’s instructions.
In order to benefit from this Cartier Guarantee, you will be required to present the Guarantee Certificate in the guarantee booklet that accompanies your Cartier watch, duly completed, dated, stamped and signed by your Cartier Boutique or your Cartier Authorized Retailer in Australia. Please be certain to retain this Guarantee Certificate at all times. Subject to your Mandatory Statutory Rights under the Australian Consumer Law, if you make a claim under this Cartier Guarantee (instead of your Mandatory Statutory Rights) you may be responsible for transportation costs, including but not limited to postage, insurance and packing materials. We recommend that any shipment to us include certified delivery and insurance.
In Australia, this Cartier Guarantee is provided by:
Richemont Australia Pty Ltd
Suite 1, Level 9
PO Box 4780
Sydney, NSW 2001
A claim under this Cartier Guarantee may be sent to Richemont Australia Pty Ltd at the address above, or as further specified in this Cartier Guarantee.